Many people now use car navigation systems.
Navigation systems are now equipped with various functions, and using such system makes it possible to enjoy safer and more relaxed driving…
Let us explain here some things people think they know, but surprisingly may not, about how car navigation systems work.
Car navigation systems receive signals from satellites and identify the vehicle’s position and direction by combining that data with information obtained from various onboard sensors.
- Receive signals from satellites and detect the vehicle’s location.
GPS antenna, GPS receiver
- Detect the vehicle’s direction.
- Detect the vehicle’s travel distance.
- Car navigation system screen.
- Map database
- Check information from the antenna and sensors against the map database and show the results on the display using the car navigation system’s control circuitry.
Between locating a car’s current location and directing a driver to a destination, a car navigation system uses the following four databases to decide the route for the driver.
1.Identification of current location First, the current location is identified.
2.Finding and setting the destination Searches for the destination of the driver.
3.Route search Route to destination is checked.
4.Searching for recommended route Recommended route is suggested.
5.Route Guidance Directions are provided for the selected route
6.Map display Route-related information is displayed on the screen.
The car navigation system can confirm which roads are congested on the basis of the information received from various organizations concerning accidents, road construction, etc.